Summer is here! New York has highs in the 90s this week and we are not the only ones with high temps. While we would all love to slow down and sip a cold cocktail, our jobs and family commitments say otherwise. Here are some tips for staying cool while on the go!
- Select soft, breathable fabrics such as cotton and linen in light colors. Synthetic fabrics can make you feel warmer (bad) and lighter colors reflect light and heat (good!)
- Drink water and stay hydrated. A glass of water can help regulate your body temperature.
- Carry a travel size water mist in your purse. A quick mist is rejuvenating and cooling. Evian makes one that you can get from the local drugstore or Sephoria.
- Throw your hair up! Try a high ponytail or bun to keep your hair off your neck. And skip the blow-drying which only creates a ton of heat.
- Enjoy a refreshing summer drink by combining club soda, fresh lime and a sprig of mint.