Since both Baby Girl and I love routine in our lives, we have been very good about going to the gym these days. With limited time and a need to keep my gym bag streamlined (since I'm already carrying an 18-pound baby), I put a fair amount of thought into my gym necessities. That's my actual gym bag pictured to the right! Here are my top must-haves:
1. My iPhone, of course. I can listen to podcasts (I love This American Life from NPR), put on an iTrain treadmill or sculpting workout (these are amazingly motivating, and they make the time fly!), log a workout in the MyPlate app, and I can check my email while I'm stretching.
2. Wisp toothbrushes. These are great for a quick tooth touch up after a workout and are super easy since the toothpaste is already in the brush!
3. My Colorscience Sunforgettable brush. I've sung the praises of this product before, and it is great to throw on before working out since it's healthy for skin, and I can brush it on post workout when I don't have time to do full make up. I've got sun protection and coverage, and I'm good to go!
4. Sweet Spot Wipettes in Geranium Lavender. These are great for a quick sponge bath post workout if there's no time for a shower, and I've got an errand to run before heading home. They smell great, and they are alcohol free, so not too drying.
5. Neutrogena Body Clear Body Spray. Well, because, you know...This bottle sprays even upside down, has almost no scent and feels very refreshing after a hard workout and a hot shower.
6. Lip Balm. I'm a lip balm connoisseur thanks to my dry lips, and I like ones with a little bit of color. Pre-workout, I use Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Watermelon. It has a peppermint scent which is supposed to be energizing. Post-workout, I smear on some Fresh Sugar Honey Tinted Lip Treatment as I'm rushing out of the locker room. Having on a little color makes me feel a little more polished, even if I only had time to blow dry half of my head!
What's in your gym bag??