ensuring items show up in wearable condition. Whether I am on vaca or traveling for business, I want to have the things I want and need with me (while only bringing carry on) and the last thing I want to do is schlep around excess or worry about needing to iron.
I have listed some of my packing tips below. Hope they are useful the next time you pack!
- Lay out your outfits so you can see what you are bringing. look for ways to consolidate- wearing items more than once, bringing items that go with the same pair of shoes, selecting one purse that works with everything
- To prevent items from wrinkling, lay them on a piece of tissue paper and roll them up together. Also, pack these items last so they are on top and not squished by other contents
- Minimize the shoe collection. Shoes are bulky and sometimes heavy so try to only bring what you need and wear the largest/heaviest pair while traveling. If you pack sneakers, use the space inside (stuff your socks in or if you have a small fragile items that will be protected by the shoe)
- If you are staying in a hotel or with someone you know, don't bring items they already have (hairdryer, towels, soap, etc)
- Give yourself time for packing. When rushing, you often forget things, pack too much and wish you had packed something different
- Make a list of the items you want to remember to bring (I am queen of making lists)
- Never check your jewelry or anything of value (I always put them in my purse in the event my suitcase needs to be gate checked)